inbound @ 350

t r u l y m a d l y d e e p l y u n f o r t u n a t e l y

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Firefly,the airline without a url

I’ve never studied marketing but I’d imagine (readers with expertise in the field please correct me if I’m wrong) that if I were planning to start a new airline that plans to attract foreign tourists and use e-commerce to sell tickets, I’d want to ensure that my brand name url is already under my control before choosing the name.
Yet, both firefly.com (owned by microsoft no less) and firefly.com.my are already taken, leaving the airline to resort to using www.fireflyz.com.my. When you google firefly airline, the official website doesn’t appear at all on the the first page results.




How are customers going to purchase your tickets if they can’t even find any information or contact for the airline?
This airline might be better named air dugong, at least the .com tld is still available.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home